We are happy to introduce you the new version of Socio Store app for Android! Read on and learn about the features of Socio Store.
In order to get or check if you have the latest version of Socio Store, please go to “My stuff”, choose Updates and select the Update button next to the Socio Store icon.
If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to share it with us on
Google+ or just send us an email at
What does Socio Store introduce?
- New look and feel!The new Socio Store comes with brighter and trendier interface. This user friendly new look and feel makes the Socio Store app a perfect choice for browsing thousands of apps, games and e-books for every Android user.
- Enter Socio Store now and register later. You can freely browse the mall for new and fresh items and register for free once you found your favorite pick. For downloading free items the registration is less than a minute and you’ll only need your email address, password and desired username.
- Five item sections on home screen: Top Free, Top Paid, Top Games, Selected Apps and Categories. Each of the new sections enable you to dive deeper into various parts of the mall.
- My Comments section Socio Store now automatically stores and remembers your comments in one location for every item you have reviewed.
- Android 2.1 or higher. The new version of Socio Store is phone and tablet friendly and requires Android 2.1 or higher.
What's in this Socio Store version?
- Available reviews for content items on web and mobile application. Games and apps now have their own personal review written by our Editors at Socio Store.
- Enhanced commenting and rating features. When commenting you can insert line brakes, and even re-post your comments or ratings, or if you don’t like them, you can remove them.
- Improved search functionality. You can find the content you are looking for by searching the Content Item Name, Content Item Description or Developer Name – in other words, however you please.
- Users can upgrade their accounts to become developers. If you are registered as a user, and you want to share a cool app you recently developed, now you can upgrade your account and become a developer.
- Developers can upload many apps at once. Registered developers can use the bulk upload feature and upload as many as 10 apps and games at once.
- Developers can upload multiple screenshots at once. Or in other words, you showcase your apps with more images.
- Multi-language support in input fields when submitting content items. As a developer, you can gain greater local exposure and submit your apps or games in your native language or any language you want.
Version 2.0 (Commercial version)
- License API for Socio Store developers. Our new security API allows every Android developer to protect their applications from unauthorized use. The integration of the License API into the application allows communication with the Socio Store license service and checking if the user is authorized or not authorized to use the application. For more details about the API see the following document: http://soc.io/ Socio Store licensing manual.pdf
- Content items download flow.When using the Socio Store web application, with the new download flow you will be able to select the content items which you want to install on your Android devices. After that, using the Socio Store Android application in the section “My Stuff -> From Web” you can easily download and install the selected applications to your device(s).
- Add billing info to your account. The new web application flow allows you (both regular users and developers) to complete the details about your user profile/billing info in a centralized manner. This step is the needed key point so that users can buy and developers can sell content items on our Socio Store.
Version 1.0 (Pilot version)
- Interface fully tailored according to your personal preferences
- Searchthrough Apps or E-Books by name or keyword
- Editor Picked Apps. You can choose from apps that are hand-picked by our Editors.
- Hot Apps section. You can preview and download the most popular apps on Socio Store..
- App Categories. Here you can find apps and games from 16 different categories.
- Recommended Apps. These apps are recommended to you based on your interests and preferences.
- My Stuff section. Here you can see and manage all of your downloaded content as well as to check for any available update.
- Show content relative for your device. Certain content is configured to work better on your smartphone or your tablet. Now, with device filtering you can view content specially designed for phones tablets or for both.
- Manage your personal profile. Users and developers can manage their profile information in one place.
- App description and permissions. You can preview the app description of each app (number of downloads, release date, screenshots & videos, comments and rating) and also see the permissions the app requires before you install it on your Android device.